team with digital and business background
 
 
 
 

Stories of Digital Transformation

Keep updated about the stories and news of Digital Transformation with WebRatio low-code technology

The Professional Low-Coder: a full-stack developer who supports innovation and business performance

Low-code
The Professional Low-Coder: a full-stack developer who supports innovation and business performance

30%[1] of Professional Developers, those who develop business applications, use low-code, no-code, or digital process automation (DPA) tools today. while those who develop only in a traditional way, the “High-Coders” make up the other 70%.

 

But who is the Professional Low-Coder, and what do they focus on?

 Forrester’s “Professional Low-Coders: What The Data Says” report uses data from their “Analytics Business Technographics Developer Survey"[2] to create a profile of the professional low-coder, which we pull from in the following table:

 

Is younger than the High Coders but not a novice

Professional Low-Coders have an average age of 38, compared to 42 for High-Coders

Often is a Manager   

In 79% of cases, Low-Code Professionals occupy senior levels of manager/supervisor or higher, compared to 46% of High-Coders

More likely to be a “full stack developer”

In 41% of cases, Professional Low-Coders develop the applications in each phase, compared to 27% of High-Coders

Is more focused on the company’s business

In 11% of cases, Low-Coder Professionals are not aware of their company’s annual revenue, compared to 36% of individual-contributor High-Coders

Prioritizes the business and measures development success with business KPIs

Low-Coder are almost twice as likely to work on development teams where 'business value metrics' such as objectives and key results, ROI, and client retention measure development progress and success.

Focuses on business model innovation

In 41% of cases, Low-Coders consider changing the business model a high or critical priority, compared to 16% of High-Coders

 

 

A full-stack developer who helps business innovation

The Professional Low-Coder is a developer who manages to create end-to-end solutions, focusing on what is important to achieve new business performance.

This type of developer increases the value in the company because their speed and flexibility allows them to focus on the innovation of digital products and services, being able to respond not only to functional requirements but also to non-functional ones to satisfy business requirements.

 

 

The advice of Professional Low-Coders to meet business requirements better

The Professional Low-Coder is therefore a figure who is able to cover multiple roles simultaneously, such as business analyst and product manager, and is thus more involved in the dynamics of the company.

A survey conducted among WebRatio’s Low-Code developers shows that the developers are professional low-coders who, in creating digital solutions, support enterprise processes’ innovation and improvement.

This support is possible thanks to the Low-Code approach of the WebRatio platform, which changes the paradigm of creating solutions, making it business-driven. Citizen developers with business skills can also understand and use modeling languages ​​such as BPMN and visual tools such as the UI Designer to work side by side with Professional Low-Coders, seamlessly integrating the phases of process analysis, engineering and development.

WebRatio’s Low-Code, in addition to being a collaboration tool between business and IT, can therefore also be seen as a technology to help developers contribute to digital innovation as well as the improvement of processes, business models and performance.

 

Discover the benefits that Low-Code technology brings to companies >

 

Sources

[1] “Professional Low-Coders:What The Data Says”, Maggio 2022, Forrester

[2] “Professional Low-Coders:What The Data Says”, Maggio 2022, Forrester

 

June 1, 2022 / WebRatio

< Back to stories archive