The choice between No-Code and Low-Code depends on the solution usage and objective. Low-Code is more suitable when you want to create unique and customized solutions, which include features that are different from those traditionally adopted by competitors. No-Code, on the other hand, lets you create applications with standard features, extensively used by many companies, which include the industry typical processes.
Let's look at three examples of customization with WebRatio Platform Low-Code that have made our customers’ applications unique.
A manufacturing multinational needed to optimize the management of its consumable orders, harmonizing the requests’ flow from different channels and including them into a streamlined and monitored business process. To pursue this goal, the company has chosen to create an after-sales application orchestrated with the Low-Code business process automation of WebRatio
The application was developed by defining the processes in BPMN, the interaction with IFML, and the main functions through the visual tools of WebRatio Platform. The integration with the legacy systems was instead possible by creating customized components to implement communication functions with management systems.
Then, two components were programmed in Java. The first decodes the content of the messages coming from the legacy ERP. This is done to save the consumable request data on the after-sales application database, as well as to start the order management business process. The second encodes and formats the data coming from the business process to send it back to the legacy system.
These customized features allow the modernization of existing systems, thanks to the integration and extension of enterprise web services within the new automatic management of business processes, going beyond the new expected operational efficiency of the after-sales department.
A manufacturing company wanted to rapidly develop an innovative mobile app to enable its customers to remotely control and manage the home automation devices it markets. The customer experience would be unique, making it simple and eliminating the need for even the slightest installation and configuration efforts. Following a careful evaluation of the market alternatives, the company has chosen to create its home automation app with WebRatio's Low-Code. Thanks to the visual development, the company was able to implement 90% of the application without writing lines of code. This left the remaining 10% to be programmed for a reusable component for communication via Bluetooth between the app and the home automation devices. This component implements the configuration and communication application protocol of the different physical devices.
A video surveillance system company wanted to give customers a unique mobile experience to differentiate their products from market competitors. This is the reason why it has decided to create a mobile app with WebRatio Platform integrated with its residential surveillance devices. Thanks to the Low-Code approach, it was possible to visually design the app features only once and then to automatically obtain the installation packages for iOS and Android with considerable time and resource savings. Only the integration component with the video door entry systems was created with traditional programming in native language. This component is useful to open the audio–video communication channel between video intercom and smartphone, to respond and use the functions of physical devices, such as opening gates, gates and external doors, remotely.
The three examples show how Low-Code not only makes digitalization possible but also enables the innovation of digital processes. This includes adding functionalities, workflows and digital experiences with unique interactions, which truly differentiate a company from the competition, as they add value to standard systems already adopted in the market.
This innovative capacity not only differentiates Low-Code from No-Code but also can be the space for the coexistence of various solutions, both No-Code and legacy ones. The innovative functions created with Low-Code can, in fact, extend and integrate standard systems created using a traditional approach or with No-Code technology: management systems, CRM, ERP and all company software can be orchestrated thanks to WebRatio Platform's Digital Process Automation to create new services, business processes and customized workflows.